April 12 - April 25, 2018
NORTHWEST CATHOLIC JOURNAL
Receive the latest LOCAL CATHOLIC NEWS, FEATURES and EVENTS, delivered directly to your INBOX. The Northwest Catholic Journal is delivered on the first and third Thursday of each month, SIGN UP for free, today!
St. Mary-on-the-Lake (Bellevue) The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace seeks a compassionate and dedicated administrator for St. Mary-on-the-Lake in Bellevue, Washington. Responsible for overall leadership, management and administration of St. Mary-on-the-Lake to ensure quality care for the Sister residents and provide hospitality in an environment which embodies the mission and spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. St. Mary-on-the-Lake is a multi-purpose complex: local resident community (including health/wellness), gathering place/region home & offices, and a spirituality center.
Qualified applicants will have certification in gerontology and experience in administration/health care. Experience in long term care/assisted retirement living and/or a religious congregation’s retirement facility preferred.
CAMPUS MINISTER FOR FAITH FORMATION
University of Portland is hiring a Campus Minister for Faith Formation. This position helps lead Campus Ministry’s efforts to engage students in communities of faith and programs that support spiritual growth. This position administers several programs at Campus Ministry, including the University’s signature Encounter with Christ retreat program. This position also develops and promotes resources that help members of the campus community engage and grow in their spiritual life, supports the campus community’s interfaith efforts, and engages in pastoral care of the campus community.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position with benefits. Benefits include: medical & dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, sick & vacation time, tuition remission benefits starting after 90 days (employee) or 2 years (spouse and children) of employment, retirement contributions after 2 years of employment, and eligibility for the University’s home purchase assistance program consistent with program requirements (Please note that eligibility for all University benefits is subject to applicable policies, practices, and requirements).
The full job description is available at: www.bitly.com/cmff4318.
St Therese Parish in Seattle is seeking a Choir Director for its 8:30 AM Sunday Mass. Candidates will have experience in leading choirs, preferably in a parish context. They will be competent in working with volunteer choirs and developing their skills. For the job description and application, please check our website at https://st-therese.cc/105.
COORDINATOR OF HOSPITAL MINISTRY
FULCRUM FOUNDATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Searching for a mission-driven, strategic and influential leader with a proven ability to execute and a solid background in institutional advancement to take Fulcrum to the next level. Please apply via the link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/COR1015CCAS/JobBoard/b4e119b6-81c4-39e8-0b4a-7937e6acdd41/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9de4ca46-3872-4c93-8a59-c2a4191111ee
Holy Family Parish, Seattle, is hiring an organist. General responsibilities include: coordinating with the Director of Music and the Pastor in planning, preparing, and playing of music appropriate to Sunday Masses and other services of worship, as needed, during the liturgical year. Prepare sufficiently for optimum performance on the organ or piano for rehearsals and worship. Accompany scheduled rehearsals of the English Choir, and the combined English and Spanish Choirs. And, play for weddings, funerals and/or quinceaneras, as available.
- Primary ability is to play the organ
- Secondary ability is to play the piano/keyboard
- Ability to sight read
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member
- Skill of improvisation desired
- To play for the Saturday Vigil Masses at 5 pm
- To play for the school children's Mass each week during the school year
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR FAITH FORMATION
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR FAITH FORMATION AND YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Mary Magdalen Parish in Everett, WA. Large vibrant Parish faithful to Church teaching seeks a Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry.
PA is responsible for Faith Formation Programs for Elementary students and Teens. (Pre-K through High School). Directs established Elementary and Teen Sacramental Preparation Programs (RCIC, Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.) In addition to teaching classes in specified areas, the PA recruits, motivates, and provides general and specific direction to a large stable group of volunteers for the program. Develops programs and activities for junior and senior high youth that foster spiritual formation. This includes retreats, religious education, socials, and youth-oriented liturgies.
Most successful candidate will be an active member of a Roman Catholic Community, will have background in education with degree in theology or related field, proven experience in supervising and motivating volunteers, excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organizing abilities, ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays. Knowledge of Spanish a plus. Salary DOE. For more information, contact: Ronald Enneking, 425-353-1211 ext 108.
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR LITURGY
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR LITURGY AND MUSIC
Our Lady of the Lake Parish, a large Catholic parish in the Wedgwood neighborhood of Seattle, seeks a Pastoral Assistant for Liturgy and Music. This position is 32 hours per week and includes benefits. Collaborates with the Pastor to provide quality liturgical celebrations for members of the parish community. Provides music for parish liturgies and other designated celebrations.
Major duties and responsibilities as Pastoral Assistant for Liturgy
- Oversees the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all sacramental and liturgical celebrations of the parish.
- Serves as staff to the Liturgy Committee of the parish. Works with the chairperson to create agenda, attend meetings and complete work as requested by the committee.
- Coordinates the work of the liturgy teams and committees, as well as the work of various liturgical ministers, including presiders, lectors, Eucharistic ministers, servers, sacristans, ushers, and others. Recruits, screens, trains, and supports these ministers, assuring the completion of background checks as appropriate.
- Assures that adequate materials for worship are available. Oversees the purchase and supply of sacred vessels, vestments, and other liturgical supplies.
- Serves as a parish resource to the Pastor and other staff by providing assistance for their worship needs and responsibilities.
Major duties and responsibilities as Pastoral Assistant for Music
- Assures that appropriate and quality music is provided for parish liturgies. Directs music for three (3) weekend masses and other major parish liturgical celebrations.
- Directs the choir(s) of the parish. Trains and supports cantors/leaders of song, and choral groups. Schedules practices and assures that accompanists and music are available.
- Provides assistance for parishioners planning weddings and funerals.
- Ensures that appropriate copyright permissions, use fees, and licenses have been obtained for all material used in the music program.
- Prepares and administers the music budget as delegated by the Pastoral Leader.
The qualified individual for the position of Pastoral Assistant for Liturgy and Music will hold a degree in liturgy, music, or an equivalent, and will demonstrate skill as a cantor/leader of song, and proficiency as a piano accompanist. Other requirements include knowledge of Catholic liturgical music and Catholic liturgy, as well as proven administrative and interpersonal skills.
PROJECT RACHEL COORDINATOR
TWO SALES REPRESENTATIVES WANTED
CALVARY CEMETERY - Moving, Priced to Sell
Calvary Cemetery burial plot. Great location Lot 273 Section 12. $3,500. Contact Toni: 206-853-4748.
FAMILY, CHILDREN and NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY
Thank you, St. Rita, for your continued help in answering my prayers. AM
- Written by Northwest Catholic