Kennedy Catholic High School
Thu is in the National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and Cooking Club, and she plays flute in the school band. She is a volunteer tutor and has volunteered with the Tukwila Community Center’s Summer Playground Program. A member of Seattle’s Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, she’s also involved with the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement.
Archbishop Murphy High School
“I have not met a more well-rounded and capable student” than Trevor, wrote nominator Isaac Melum. Valedictorian and a member of the school’s 2016 state champion soccer team, he also manages the student store and has been a leader on school retreats. During summers, he’s volunteered and attended neuroscience academies at the University of Washington.
In each edition through June, Northwest Catholic will honor students for their achievements and contributions in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and in their churches and communities. At the end of the school year, two Students of the Year will be selected to receive $1,000 Northwest Catholic scholarships. If the nominee does not attend a Catholic high school, the nomination should come from the pastor or a staff member at the students parish.
Northwest Catholic - May 2017
- Archdiocese announces members of Special Taskforce for Catholic Schools
- Archdiocese announces fall plans for Catholic schools
- Father Ronald Nuzzi to chair Catholic schools taskforce on ministerial covenant
- Seattle Nativity School moving to new quarters at St. Edward Parish
- Catholic high school graduations go virtual or reschedule for summer