Inglemoor High School
Viktorina “brings her faith to life,” said nominator Mary Neifert. At Kirkland’s Holy Family Parish, she’s a member of the Angelus Handbell Choirs, has taught elementary faith formation classes for three years, and has been a vacation Bible school volunteer for five years. At Inglemoor, she plays golf and violin and is a leader in Model UN. She also volunteers with the interfaith movement Kids4Peace Seattle.
Kennedy Catholic High School
“Julian’s ability to motivate, celebrate, and involve his peers makes him an outstanding member of our Lancer community,” said nominator Sofia Lopez. At Kennedy Catholic, he’s involved in drama and is a member of the National Honor Society and the International Thespian Society. At Seattle’s Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, he’s a lector, server and usher and volunteers with vacation Bible camp.
In each edition through June, Northwest Catholic will honor students for their achievements and contributions in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and in their churches and communities. At the end of the school year, two Students of the Year will be selected to receive $1,000 Northwest Catholic scholarships.
Northwest Catholic - May 2018
- Father Ronald Nuzzi to chair Catholic schools taskforce on ministerial covenant
- Seattle Nativity School moving to new quarters at St. Edward Parish
- Catholic high school graduations go virtual or reschedule for summer
- COVID-19 gives students tangible experiences of missionary discipleship
- From a distance, our child is learning as much as ever