Pope Francis expressed his sadness at the death of Archbishop Emeritus Raymond G. Hunthausen, who died July 22 at age 96, in a letter sent to Archbishop J. Peter Sartain by the apostolic nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Christophe Pierre.
The pope offered “heartfelt condolences to [Archbishop Sartain] and to all the clergy, religious and lay faithful” of the Archdiocese of Seattle.
Read the whole letter below.
- Washington bishops launch new website, with focus on helping immigrants
- Standing-room-only crowd honors life of Archbishop Emeritus Raymond G. Hunthausen
- Remembering Archbishop Hunthausen
- Seattle Archbishop Emeritus Raymond G. Hunthausen dies
- Archbishop Sartain supports delegation of bishops to U.S.-Mexico border