Brian Thompson and Dean Mbuzi to be ordained Sept. 6
Brian Thompson and Dean Mbuzi
Two men will be ordained to the priesthood for the Archdiocese of Seattle late this summer, Archbishop J. Peter Sartain announced in a May 5 letter to priests and pastoral coordinators. Deacons Brian Thompson and Dean Mbuzi will be ordained priests Saturday, Sept. 6, at St. James Cathedral, 804 Ninth Ave., Seattle.
Both men will begin their pastoral assignments on or about June 7 — Deacon Thompson at St. Michael Parish in Olympia and Deacon Mbuzi at St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Tacoma. “Since these will be their first priestly assignments, we decided that it would be helpful for them to have several months of diaconal ministry in their parishes before ordination to the priesthood,” Archbishop Sartain explained.
“These two ordinations are a great cause of joy for us, as we welcome Brian and Dean into our presbyterate,” the archbishop continued. “Please keep them in your prayers in their final months of preparation for ordination!”
May 8, 2014
- Priest’s love of math, baseball helps him develop new stat measures
- Lay Catholics named to new Archdiocesan Pastoral Council
- Priests missing their parishioners and parish life find ways to continue their ministry
- Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- What’s the best spiritual advice you’ve gotten from a priest?