Seattle's Archbishop J. Peter Sartain preached the homily at Cardinal Francis E. George's funeral Mass on April 23 at Holy Name Cathedral in Chicago.
Before Cardinal George, the archbishop emeritus of Chicago, passed away on April 17 after a long battle with cancer, he had asked Archbishop Sartain to give the homily. The two were close friends.
Click below to read Archbishop Sartain's full homily.
- 'The number one priority has been always to center things on Jesus'
- Archbishop Etienne’s letter to the people of the archdiocese
- Archbishop Etienne succeeds Archbishop Sartain as archbishop of Seattle
- Seattle bishops affirm sanctity of life after AP story on assisted suicide
- Iconic Tacoma church building to be razed