Holy Names Academy
Elena led the Holy Names gymnastics team to its first state championship in February; individually, she won her third vault championship and finished second in the all-around. A member of Seattle’s St. John the Evangelist Parish, she has volunteered at the parish homeless shelter and with Soulumination, creating photo albums for families with terminally ill children.
Bellarmine Preparatory School
Tommy lost his mother to cancer right before high school, said counselor Erik Michels. “His resilience and ability to excel in spite of his loss has been nothing short of remarkable.” He’s maintained a perfect GPA and been an all-league soccer player and four-year ASB president. A dedicated volunteer in the community, he also writes plays for the school’s Dramafest.
In each edition through June, Northwest Catholic will honor students for their achievements and contributions in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and in their churches and communities. At the end of the school year, two Students of the Year will be selected to receive $1,000 Northwest Catholic scholarships. If the nominee does not attend a Catholic high school, the nomination should come from the pastor or a staff member at the students parish.
Northwest Catholic - April 2017
- Archdiocese announces members of Special Taskforce for Catholic Schools
- Archdiocese announces fall plans for Catholic schools
- Father Ronald Nuzzi to chair Catholic schools taskforce on ministerial covenant
- Seattle Nativity School moving to new quarters at St. Edward Parish
- Catholic high school graduations go virtual or reschedule for summer