Holy Names Academy
As a freshman, Tara was a starter on the Holy Names varsity soccer team that made it to the state quarterfinals. She made the U16 Philippines women’s national soccer team and spent three months in the Philippines training this summer. She also serves as a recruiter for Holy Names and started a chess club at the Seattle Amistad School, a Spanish-immersion school.
O’Dea High School
An all-state defensive tackle for O’Dea’s football team, Douglas is “a true and authentic leader,” said nominator John O’Neill. “He displays a genuine spirit of empowerment for his classmates and teammates.” Douglas serves as a mentor group leader in O’Dea’s house system and regularly volunteers at campus events. He is also a leader with Skyway Solutions, a community-building organization in the Renton area.
In each edition through June, Northwest Catholic will honor students for their achievements and contributions in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and in their churches and communities. At the end of the school year, two Students of the Year will be selected to receive $1,000 Northwest Catholic scholarships.
Northwest Catholic - September 2016
- Archdiocese announces members of Special Taskforce for Catholic Schools
- Archdiocese announces fall plans for Catholic schools
- Father Ronald Nuzzi to chair Catholic schools taskforce on ministerial covenant
- Seattle Nativity School moving to new quarters at St. Edward Parish
- Catholic high school graduations go virtual or reschedule for summer