March 15 - 28, 2018
NORTHWEST CATHOLIC JOURNAL
Receive the latest LOCAL CATHOLIC NEWS, FEATURES and EVENTS, delivered directly to your INBOX. The Northwest Catholic Journal is delivered on the first and third Thursday of each month, SIGN UP for free, today!
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
St. James Cathedral in Seattle, WA has an opening for a full-time Associate Director of Music. St. James is a vibrant downtown/destination parish of over 2,200 families, nationally recognized for the quality of its liturgies and for its music program which includes four adult and two children’s choirs and a critically acclaimed concert program.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Sacred Music, or equivalent.
- Experience in leading music programs at large Catholic parishes, preferably at the cathedral level.
- Competence in choral directing and keyboard performance.
- Ability to work effectively with a number of different groups of people.
Commensurate with relevant experience and industry standards.
POSITION CLOSES APRIL 15, 2018
COORDINATOR OF HOSPITAL MINISTRY
St. James Cathedral, Seattle, has an opening for a Custodian to perform basic janitorial and floor care responsibilities. This person will also work with the Cathedral Facilities staff in setting up for special liturgies and events and basic maintenance tasks. This is a full time position with an Archdiocesan Benefits package.
PASTORAL ASSISTANT FOR FAITH FORMATION AND YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Mary Magdalen Parish in Everett, WA. Large vibrant Parish faithful to Church teaching seeks a Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry.
PA is responsible for Faith Formation Programs for Elementary students and Teens. (Pre-K through High School). Directs established Elementary and Teen Sacramental Preparation Programs (RCIC, Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.) In addition to teaching classes in specified areas, the PA recruits, motivates, and provides general and specific direction to a large stable group of volunteers for the program. Develops programs and activities for junior and senior high youth that foster spiritual formation. This includes retreats, religious education, socials, and youth-oriented liturgies.
Most successful candidate will be an active member of a Roman Catholic Community, will have background in education with degree in theology or related field, proven experience in supervising and motivating volunteers, excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organizing abilities, ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays. Knowledge of Spanish a plus. Salary DOE. For more information, contact: Ronald Enneking, 425-353-1211 ext 108.
Historic Blessed Sacrament Church in the University District of Seattle is seeking a Principle Organist.
- Applicants should have excellent sight-reading and improvisatory skills
- Accompany the Parish Chancel Choir (weekly Wednesday night rehearsals and Sunday morning Masses)
- Accompany the Schola Cantorum (weekly Wednesday night rehearsals and monthly Mass as well as accompany our series of Sacred Music Concerts) - Accompany Masses sung by Psalmist/Cantors and other vocal ensembles (Women's Schola, Jerome Ensemble, Laudate Ensemble, Men's Schola)
- Accompany additional Masses as needed (Feasts, Holidays, Solemnities)
-Accompany various resident instrumental ensembles: Brass Ensemble, Sackbut Ensemble, Baroque Orchestra (harpsichord)
- Prepare high quality and seasonally appropriate prelude and postlude music (weekly)
Liturgical Music Repertoire consists of Dominican and Roman Chant, Anthems, Hymnody, Latin Ordinary (12:oo Noon Mass weekly), Motets (Croce, Gabrieli, Palestrina, Tallis, Victoria, etc…).
Erben/Tallman Organ (1877)
AEOLIAN-SKINNER PIPE ORGAN, Opus 1071 3 manuals - 37 stops - 35 ranks, Voiced by G. Donald Harrison
Zuchermann – German, Single Manual Harpsichord
Ignatius Pew Missal and St. Michael Hymnal
TWO SALES REPRESENTATIVES WANTED
Premium burial site. St. Joseph Section, Lot132B space 35A, section...First.
Calvary Cemetery burial plot. Great location Lot 273 Section 12. $4,000. Contact Toni: 206-853-4748.
FAMILY, CHILDREN and NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY